This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- COMM 102 - Week 3 - Individual - Interpersonal Communication Video Clip Analysis.doc
COMM 102 Week 3 Individual Interpersonal Communication Video Clip Analysis
Find a short video clip, 3 to 10 minutes, that demonstrates an interpersonal communication failure that had a negative outcome. Consider publicized or historical communication breakdowns, or film or television scenes.
Please be sure to describe where the clip comes from in your assignment (for example; the local news, story about …); or a shorter scene clip in a movie; a YouTube video; etc.
Write a 750-1000-word paper in which you describeyour perception of the nature of the relationship, the communication failure, and the resulting negative outcome. Include detailed answers to the following questions:
• Was this a fictional or nonfictional situation? What is the significance to the audience?
• What communication barriers existed in this situation?
• How did the listening habits of both parties negatively affect the interpersonal relationship and, ultimately, result in a negative outcome?
• How might empathic listening have improved interpersonal communication in this situation?
• What intercultural communication barriers were evident? Consider gender, class, ethnicity, age, and so on. How could both parties have demonstrated better intercultural communication competence?
• What essential interpersonal communication behaviors could have prevented the negative outcome?
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: