MHA 616 Week 5 Discussion 1 Systems Development Lifecycle Recent
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- MHA 616 Week 5 Discussion 1 Systems Development Lifecycle.docx
MHA 616 Week 5 Discussion 1 Systems Development Lifecycle NEW
Systems Development Lifecycle. Understanding health care information systems planning and implementation is an important skill for health care leaders. Technology is advancing and the adoption of information systems in healthcare has progressed from being just a cool tool to a must have in terms of quality, access, profitability, and competitiveness. It is inevitable that managers and/or leaders will be faced with technology changes and/or upgrades; making the need to understand the basics of health care information system development and the standards required fundamental. Health leaders are charged with mandating and facilitating set data/information standards (classification, codes, data, etc.) set forth by the HITECH Act and HIPAA. One such standard is the Nationwide Health Information Network (NwHIN) which enables health information exchange on the worldwide web. In a 300 word initial response, address the following points:
• Discuss the processes that are involved in a systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
o Explain each process and how they relate to one another.
o Apply each process.
• Discuss how the SDLC processes are used in health care information system development.
• Discuss the four methods of development of health care information system standards. How do these methods affect interoperability?
• List three organizations as well as the roles they play in development standards.
Guided Response: Review your peers’ posts and provide a substantive response to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: