NETW 230 Week 4 iLab 4 of 7: Exploring Data Storage and Printers Recent
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:No Attachments
NETW 230 Week 4 iLab 4 of 7: Exploring Data Storage and Printers NEW
iLab 4 of 7: Exploring Data Storage and Printers
i L A B A C C E S S
Accessing Your Lab
After logging into Element K, follow these steps to access your labs.
• Click the Professional Development tab located on the top of the page.
• Select “Development Paths.” NETW 230 will be listed on this page.
• Click on NETW 230 to see the labs.
• Your labs will be found under the appropriate week.
Starting Your Lab
There are two ways to start a lab activity.
• Schedule it. (Recommended)Because you will be accessing live equipment, the number of students who can simultaneously perform a lab is limited by the available resources. If you plan to perform your labs during busy times (i.e., weekends), it is recommended that you schedule the lab to make sure that lab resources will be available when you are ready.
• Start it right away.
Note: If all lab resources are currently being used when you try to start your lab, you will be given an opportunity to schedule the lab at a later time.
i L A B O V E R V I E W
Scenario and Summary
Welcome to your Week 4 iLab!
• Exploring Data Storage and Printers (50 points)
You will explore the properties of drive c, use ckdsk to check for disk errors, and configure Windows Backup. You will share a printer on the server, allow the printer to be published in Active Directory, then access the printer from Windows 7.
You are required to submit a lab report to this week’s iLab Dropbox.
i L A B S T E P S
STEP 1: Download the template
Download this week’s Lab Report Template. You will use this template to create your lab report as you execute your lab. In creating your report, you will capture screenshots at strategic points within your lab.
The lab report template provides detailed instructions for completing your lab report.
STEP 2: Complete the lab work
After entering the main lab page, perform your lab.
1. Ensure that you meet the system requirements for this lab and that you understand how to control the devices in the lab.
2. Start your lab and complete each task by following the steps in the Sample Solution.
STEP 3: Submit your work
When you are satisfied with your documentation, submit your completed report to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these Step-by-Step Instructions or watch this Dropbox Tutorial.
See Syllabus “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date informationX
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: