BUS 517 Week 7 Assignment 2 Project Initiation and Planning Recent
BUS 517 Week 7 Assignment 2 Project Initiation and Planning NEW
Assignment 2: Project Initiation and Planning
Due Week 7 and worth 250 points
Assignment Overview – In assignment 1 you have defined the objectives of the project in terms of a problem which it solves or an opportunity which it capitalizes on. You have also created a scope statement (or Statement of Work) which outlines the basic components of the project. It is now the time to discuss the process of creating a Charter, have it approved by the sponsor/client, and with charter in hand start the planning process. First a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is created followed by a project plan/network.
Write an 8-10 page paper in which you will:
1. Discuss the value of a project charter and, based on your research, include an outline of the components which you deem necessary for your project. Note: You do not need to write a charter.
2. Specify the stakeholders for the project, and analyze the position of each for the project, in terms of their influence, as well as their attitude towards the project (i.e., positive, neutral, or negative).
3. Create a WBS for your project using a proper format (MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, or any other applicable format) to depict WBS graphically (see the example in p. 110). Alternatively, you may use a coded format using MS Word (see example in p. 115. The example is in MS Project format but the same could be done in MS Word).
4. Create a project plan/network using a proper format (MS Word, MS Excel, or any other applicable format) to depict the project network (example in p. 173). Be sure that all typical components on a project network are included, and critical path is properly depicted.
5. Document the main assumptions & exclusions (taken from scope statement), dependencies, risks, and any other major issues of the project. Select the top three (3) important risks of the project, and suggest approaches to address those risks. Hint: mitigation, avoidance, acceptance or transfer.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
7. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
8. Typed, double spaced, using Arial font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
9. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length